Every year, my husband and I get a quarter of a cow and with it comes soup bones. This weekend I decided to figure out what exactly to do with them, enter Beef & Barley Soup. I am sharing the recipe with you today, I might be biased but it was delicious!!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Beef Soup Bones
- 16 oz bag of frozen crinkle cut carrots
- 3-4 stalks of celery, cut
- 1/2 cup diced onion (I use the frozen already diced kind)
- 1 cup barley
- 2 cups beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Bay leaf
- Put all the ingredients in slow cooker except barley. Cook on Low 8 hours.
- Around 6 hours of cooking, remove soup bones. Carefully remove meat from bones, making sure you’re getting out all the bone pieces! Put beef back into slow cooker.
- Add barley to the slow cooker and stir contents.
- Before serving, remove bay leaf and enjoy!!
This recipe was so easy and the end result was delicious!!